Are you one of those who love to meet their grandson or daughter who is living far away in another nation? Want to apply for the super visa but don’t you know how to do it? Don’t worry; we will get you to know everything that you should need to know.
The Super Visa is an exclusive visitor visa that is specially designed for Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents’ foreign parents and grandparents. There are numerous Canadians who are coming to Canada as immigrants and want to invite their parents & grandparents to live with them. This visa allows them to go to Canada and will enable them to live with them.
The majority of people who visit Canada are granted a 6-month visitor visa. The super visa, on the other hand, is unique. It’s a 10-year multiple-entry visa that permits individuals to stay for a maximum of five years with the alternative of extending for another two years.
It’s essentially an opportunity for someone’s international family and friends to spend prolonged quality time together without putting financial pressure on you if unexpected healthcare expenses emerge.
What is super visa insurance?
This refers to a type of travel healthcare coverage that is designed to protect travellers for the duration of their stay in Canada. It assists in offsetting the super visa insurance cost and also the expenses associated with medical emergencies as well as other health insurance requirements which may emerge throughout their residence.
It basically includes expenses such as:
- Immediate medical attention for injury or disease
- Medication on prescription
- Dental care in an emergency
- Emergency services are extremely important such as crutches, braces, etc.
- X-rays and other diagnostic procedures, Laboratory treatments, complete blood count, ultrasound scans, and so on.
- Considered necessary ambulance services on land, air, or sea
- Following-up care
- Ambulance transportation to the hospital immediately
However, coverage can vary because guidelines cover a wide range of additional expenses.
Is it necessary to have super visa insurance?
People visiting Canada with a super visa must possess super visa health insurance. People visiting really aren’t covered by Canada’s public healthcare system (such as OHIP in Ontario). As a result, the Canadian government made the above kind of health insurance necessary for having visited parents and grandparents remaining for lengthy periods. This is to help make sure that they possess personal healthcare coverage in the event they require it.
However, it is important to remember that there are some extremely specific restrictions for this particular type of parent super visa insurance monthly plan. For example, it must:
- Cover emergency medical care, hospitalization, and repatriation
- Deliver the least case of emergency medical treatment, hospitalization, and rehabilitation and reintegration are all covered.
- A coverage limit of $100,000 CAD
- Have a validity period of at least one year
- Prepare your paperwork.
- be obtained from the Canadian insurance agency
- Purchases made prior to arrival in Canada
Now it’s time to prepare your paperwork.
You must have the following items before applying for a super visa:
- An authorization letter from your grandson or granddaughter who is either a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada, which includes the following information:
- A financial commitment for the length of time of your visit
- The name and the number of individuals in this person’s household
- You must have a copy of the individual’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident card
- Concrete evidence that your children’s or grandchildren’s residence earns the absolute necessities; instances include:
- Essential to have a Notice of Assessment (NOA) or T4/T1 of the current tax year
- Declarations of Employee Compensation
- Earning, job title, position description, and date of consideration hiring are all included in the employment letter.
- Pay slips
- Income statements
- Hard evidence of payment for healthcare coverage from a Canadian insurance provider that is:
- Acceptable for a minimum of one year from the date of the entry
- A minimum of $100,000 in case of emergencies coverage
- A document proving that you underwent an immigration physical assessment
Are you in permanent resident status? You are still capable of applying for a super visa.
When you do not require a visitor visa for entry into Canada, you can still apply for a super visa, which permits you to stay for a maximum of five years. If your application has been approved, we will provide you with a letter that you must present to a customs and border protection officer when you arrive in the country.
If you are planning to travel to Canada, you may be required to apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) independently. Because the eTA will be in digital format connected to your passport, you should always travel to Canada with both the passport you were using to apply for your eTA and your written statement.
Make an application for a super visa.
For a super visa, you should submit an application through the IRCC Portal when you are outside Canada.
How and where to Online Application form Using the IRCC Portal
To submit an application, simply follow the instructions below.
- Register for an account and sign in
If you’re applying for the first time by using IRCC Portal, they will request your email and provide you with a code to create an account.
- In the next step, you need to fill out the online form and need to upload your essential documents
Until you’ve answered every one of the questionnaires, you’ll be provided with a list of paperwork to import.
The above encompasses the supporting documentation for your visa application.
- Use a credit card to make payments
There are multiple methods of payment. You can choose one of them for the payments such as Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, JCB®, and UnionPay®.
Whenever you need to apply for a super visa you should have to be more careful and should know everything. If you need assistance with anything you want then, get in touch with us right away, we’ll be delighted to assist you with whatever you need.