Grandparents and parents of Canadian permanent residents and citizens can apply for Super Visas, which are prolonged visiting visas that allow them to travel to see their immediate family. The multiple entry Super Visa has a ten-year maximum duration, or one month before the individual’s passport expires, depending on first. Applicants of Super Visas may stay in Canada for as long as two years during that time frame. In contrast, an ordinary visiting visa typically has a 6-month maximum validity duration.
The Super Visa scheme may still be helpful for people who are nationals of countries without visa requirements. Normally, visitors from nations without visa requirements are allowed to enter Canada for a period of six months. The new programme allows parents or grandparents of Canadian permanent residents and citizens who are from nations without visa requirements to register from abroad for a Letter of Introduction, which they can then give to a border official once they arrive in Canada. The Canadian border guard will typically grant entry to the country for 2 years whenever a Letter of Introduction is submitted.
Who is qualified for a super visa for parents and grandparents?
In order to qualify for a super visa, you should always fulfill the additional qualifying criteria:-
- Be a parent, grandparent, or great-grandparent of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Possess a letter, dated and signed, from your kid or child encouraging you to visit Canada.
- A commitment to providing funding for the duration of your travel.
- The names and numbers of those living in this person’s home.
- A copy of the individual’s citizenship or permanent resident identification
- Possess documentation of private health insurance from a Canadian provider.
This health insurance must:-
- Be paid all throughout or in installments with a down payment (quotes are not considered).
- Be good for a minimum of one year after the day you plan to enter Canada.
- Pay for your medical expenses, hospital stays, and return travel
- Make sure there is at least $100,000 in emergency coverage
Every immigration into Canada requires proof of private health insurance. When entering Canada, be prepared to present border services personnel proof of purchased insurance if they want it.
You should also:
- Submit an application for a super visa from outside of Canada
- The printing of your visa from outside Canada (awaiting instructions from the visa office)
- Be granted entry to Canada
- A medical examination for immigration
- Meet additional requirements
Note: – Dependents cannot be listed on this application.
Financial Assistance (Evidence of Revenue)
The child or grandchildren who are inviting you need to provide evidence that their home earns at least the required amount. Instances of documentation that can be utilized as confirmation of finances include the ones listed below:
- Regarding the most current tax year, a T4/T1 or a Notice of Assessment (NOA)
- Statements on Employment Insurance Benefits
- Recruitment letter specifying salary, position, responsibilities, and the date of hire
- pay slips
- Banking statements & records
Other factors we take into account:-
Prior to actually deciding whether you can enter Canada, we take a number of factors into account. You must be an actual tourist visiting Canada who would also voluntarily leave at the completion of their stay.
When you apply, these factors will be considered:
- Links to your native country
- The reason for your visit
- Your family and financial situation
- The country’s general stability in terms of economy and politics
Super Visa Insurance
A visitor’s visa and a Super Visa seem to be very distinct in expense, and this discrepancy is due to the Super Visa application procedure’ requirements that applicants acquire private medical insurance. You must present evidence showing that you have paid $100,000 in private medical insurance covering your grandparent or parent from either a Canadian insurance provider in order to be eligible for a Super Visa.
The cost of this insurance will differ depending on the age as well as the condition of your parents. You can find various websites from which to request Super Visa insurance quotes by performing a quick Google search. If your visa application is rejected, most respectable businesses will provide a refund, and the protection will begin on the day your responsible parent enters Canada.
Super Visa Medical Insurance Cost
Super Visa Medical Insurance Costs and insurance options can change considering your destination country or region. One parent, grandparent, or a couple can purchase Super Visa insurance. When two individuals travel together, they might spend less than if they had bought a Super Visa insurance policy separately. Normally, parent super visa insurance will run you approximately $100 and $200CAD a month, or even more. According to your supplier and package, the cost of Super Visa insurance will change.
Does Super Visa Insurance have any alternatives?
The Super Visa insurance Canada program is intended to protect the parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents who are already visiting Canada and are planning to stay for a maximum of two years. When you or a relative need not meet the requirements for a Super Visa, there may be other possibilities for visitor visas and travel insurance. Numerous people are visiting Canada for short visits compared with fewer than 6 months, either with visitor visa requirements or essentially with their passports if they come from a visa-exempt country.
Those who really want to sponsor their parents or family to take up residence in Canada could perhaps look into the Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship Program (PGP). The above program enables Canadian citizens and legal residents to continue to support their parents and grandparents for permanent resident status in Canada.
Canada has made it clear that it is committed to keeping families together. Whether you want to spend a family vacation together or your parents want to be connected by watching their grandchildren grow and mature, Canada’s super visa programme may be the solution you’ve been looking for.